[DeTomaso] Bob's high EGT

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 00:46:04 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/19/07 13 44 14, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

> .look for vacuum leaking air into the intake.
>

>>>And it could be something incredibly stupid, like they forgot to plug one
of the vacuum ports on the intake manifold or something.

Years ago I found out that my Pantera would make it 3/4 of the way around my
block with one of those ports unplugged...it died on me and it took pumping
the throttle repeatedly WFO while cranking to get it started again.   Once I got
it home I completed my brake vacuum hose relocation project by installing the
missing plug--DOH!