[DeTomaso] Brake Pad info

Herbert Butler hjbutler at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 14 18:34:20 EDT 2007

I changed out the MSD 6AL box and the Pantera is alive. People my recall I
had issues with spongy brakes chased it to non-rigid Superlight II calipers
and installed new Wilwood 6 piston calipers. I also installed Wilwood
Polymatrix A compound pads. I drove the car today and the front brakes
lockup to easily, need more rear brake. In addition the pads are very noisy,
I know racing pads are noisy. My question is if anyone else is running these
pads and if they are running the 2 PSI residual pressure valves (I do not
think I need them now that the sponginess is gone). I used to run Wilwoods
proportioning valve on the front brakes (Per Bob Woodhouse) but it is
currently not installed. Any ideas appreciated. Jack