[DeTomaso] Fw: Fw: Fw: if only . . . .

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Mar 9 17:20:48 EST 2007

Actually, in general, real estate returns between 4 and 5% annually, over
time.  Just like in anything we all hear about the guy who bought waterfront
property for pennies and sold it for millions, but no one mentions the
thousands of people who lost thier shorts in various housing bubbles (say,
California in the late '80's...)

If you bought a house in 1950 for $25,000 and sold it today for $1,000,000,
and you're single, after taxes you would have made a whopping after-tax
return of...(drum roll, please...) 6.5%!

Chris