[DeTomaso] Gutting 1972 Pre L stock exhaust

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 11:49:05 EST 2007

<<< having the stock exhaust what can I expect? >>>
  I've not done this myself, but plan to eventually. The muffler cans are just a shell. Shouldn't
  matter whether it's a GTS or stock muffler can. I would increase the size of the pipe between
  the header collector and the muffler though. See if Dave Bell or Johnny Woods can send you
  a soundclip. Better yet, ask them to send it to me and I'll post it to my website for all to enjoy.

  <<< Should I also remove the resonators in the tips and "sleeve" the chrome tips instead? >>>
  I wouldn't bother, then again, I've haven't done this yet. I'm sure others can offer more
  educated opinions about how restrictive the resonators are.

  <<< I want the car to sound LOUD and like a very powerful Italian sports car. >>>
  It should be loud, but it won't sound like an Italian sports car as long as it has an American
  V8 - which is a good thing!  And it shouldn't sound like Bubba's truck as long as there are
  no extra engine rattles or knocks and it can rev-up quickly.

  That's my 2 cents.

  Johnny and Dave - Can you guys send me a sound clip of your exhaust to post on my
  website so others considering this mod can hear how it sounds?  Thanks!

  Garth