[DeTomaso] New Tach Install Question

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Wed Mar 7 00:17:50 EST 2007

     Success!  The  new tach works great!  I figured that the white wire
that goes to the charging indicator probably wasn't hooked to anything
anyway since I eliminated the remote voltage regulator and went with a one
wire GM alternator some time ago.  I cut the white wire near the tach and
wire nutted both ends.  The new tach which was provided with two bulbs for
illumination,  solves the low light problem.  Now there is plenty of light!
So much light that I will have to hook up my rheostat again to dim it a bit.
Now it's on to the speedo,  (not on with the Speedos).  I'm a little
surprised that someone,  especially the Dawg hasn't suggested that the 0-160
speedo could be viewed as a "girly man speedo".  If anyone asks about it,
I'll just say it reads at half speed :-)

Art