[DeTomaso] Steering column problem

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Jun 15 19:04:30 EDT 2007

I just had my steering rack rebuilt, too, and noticed the same "in and out"
ovement of the steering wheel when I push on it--only about 1/16" of
movement, but enough to feel unsettled.

How tough is it to fix? Is it just a matter of removing the steering wheel,
adding the bushing and putting it back together?

Does anyone know the price of the bushing?

Thanks,

Chris