[DeTomaso] Camber Bar / Dip Stick Questions

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Jun 11 08:53:33 EDT 2007

Dear Mike,

You wrote:
-
>There have been a few strings on the forum about an adjustable camber bar
>that not only bolts to the flanges at either side of the e-bay, but also has
>ends a bit longer that rest against the flange opening for extra support.
>Do any of the vendors sell such a bar?
^^^^^^^^ PPC and Hall (plus others I suspect) sell a steel unit with the above features. I think Jack DeRyke mentioned an aluminum version, but I do know that the steel is more commonly available.

>Dip Stick
>
>When reinserting the dipstick tube into the block, what should be used to
>seal it?
^^^^^^^^^^^ I have seen silicon and I have seen some other PermaTex goop used. I don't know the absolute best sealant for that use.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles