[DeTomaso] GT5s suspension question

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 05:10:47 EDT 2007

Paul wrote:

Am I correct that the GT5 and GT5s had different suspension than the
earlier
pre-Ls and Ls.

>>>The A-arms were the same.  The hub carriers were different (beefier,
used bigger bearings, and the caliper bolt spacing was different);
Spindles also had different bolt spacing.  Shocks were the same, but
the springs were shorter and stiffer; much larger spring spacers were
used.  The steering rack was different also.  Longchamp/Deauville
three-piston brakes with vented rotors were used.

This goes for all the Embo-chassis cars, whether they were GT5, GT5-S
or slick-sided GTS (like Paul Rimov's 1983 GTS), as far as I know?

The post-Ford, pre-Embo cars (i.e. 1977 GTS) were built with early car
components.

Cheers!