[DeTomaso] GT5s suspension question

Roland Jaeckel Jaeckel-Partner-GMBH at t-online.de
Sun Jun 10 03:49:07 EDT 2007

The GT5-S suspension is different. It starts with different springs,
the rear uprights are bigger to carry bigger wheel bearings a stronger axle
and the bigger brake calipers. The front steering arms on the upright are
different as well as the upright.
The steering arms from the rack are a bit shorter.
At least DT changed the location points for the a-arms on the body,
that the GT5-S cars had less(!) caster that the old cars to have an easier
steering with the big tires on a standing car.

Roland Jaeckel
DeTomaso Parts Center Europe
www.detomaso.de

Dear Paul,

                I am *not* sure, but I used to think that the suspension was
the same on all ( preL, L, GT5 &GT5S).   I believe that the GT5S has a
different suspension than the others, but I would defer to anyone with the
answer.

                             Warmest regards, Chuck Engles