[DeTomaso] radiator hose inner diameter

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 15:02:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/04/07 8:05:35 PM, lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net writes:

<< Does anyone have the ID for the flexible hoses connected to the radiator
on a Pre-L '72?  (rather than take it apart first...)   Parts seem to run 1
1/4, 1 1/2, or 1 3/4.  It looks to be 1  1/4, but 1 1/2 is the most common part
availability. >>

Hers a wild thought, Lee- all the Pantera vendors sell pre-cut sections of
super-premium Gates Green Stripe in the proper 1-3/8" ID, for any Pantera! Or,
Gates Green Stripe hose is available in that size by special order for a
minimum 3 ft long chunk, from most real auto parts shops (not Kragens or Pep Boyz).
I don't recommend silicone hoses because while they can have very long
life-spans and are impervious to boiling anti-freeze, they also require special
aircraft-type worm-drive hose clamps to protect the silicone hoses from squeezing
out of normal clamp openings while being tightened, and getting cut. Instant
failure follows.
FWIW- J DeRyke (same Gates Green Stripes have been on our car since 1991)
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>