[DeTomaso] Amsoil

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Jun 4 21:35:35 EDT 2007

Dear Curt,

            Twenty years ago, Amsoil was the only synthetic available around
here and I used it.   Later, I switched to dino oil.   I recollect that the
Amsoil was way more expensive than dino.  I recall that the ZF did shift
easier when cold, but for some reason the synchros seemed to have more
"problems" with Amsoil than dino.  Also, it did seem to leak more than dino.
Whatever you run, just change it once a year.

                     FWIW,  Chuck Engles