[DeTomaso] Amsoil

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Jun 5 17:00:06 EDT 2007

Curt & Chuck,

	FWIW I've had great performance using AMSOIL gear lube in my ZF for over 20
years now, ever since Dan Quella (Dennis' Father) rebuilt it.  There's no
difference between cold and hot shifting like there was when I used Penzoil
4096.  With the Penzoil I had to drive a few miles before it would shift
easily.  Both the limited slip and synchros continue to work flawlessly as
my 2.48 second 100 foot times will attest and I've never had to add any
friction modifiers.  When I change it (every 2 years) it looks and smells
identical to what I put back in.  The only problems with it are the cost and
it does leak more than the Penzoil 4096 I used to use.  The type to use now
is their Severe-Gear version.  They have a transaxle version but after
having a long talk with their tech support 3 or 4 years ago, they
recommended the Severe-Gear version for the ZF instead.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505