[DeTomaso] AAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:21:01 EDT 2007

Have you pulled the plugs?

Just thinking worst case scenario, IF you have a blown head gasket or a
cracked head and if the car sat for a while at some angle, it might have
been possible for a cylinder to fill up with water and lock up the block, by
all means don't force it, you could hydraulic the block.
Which in my past experience cost me a new motor in a 944 which was $9,000
back then.

The 944 had the air inlet down low, if one were to drive through standing
water during a rain storm ( 9" in 5 hours), it is not only possible that the
engine would suck water into it, I know it as a fact and the hole in the
block caused by the rod was big enough to stick my fist into it.

I wanted to cry, but I was stuck, away from home, no ride, soaking wet and
stranded.

That was Oct 1990 in Savannah, "The Famous 100 year rain storm" which is BS
because they happen more often than that, the 100 year part is some NOAA
fairy tale.

Michael in Savannah