[DeTomaso] AAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jun 3 23:38:48 EDT 2007

I just returned from two short runs (6 to 8 miles each) and the car ran
great--the temp gauge never went above 190 or so and I just filled the
bottle, so I know the sensor is reading the right thing.

The only problem I noticed was a small dripping of antifreeze from the
little air-bleed screw at the top driver's side of the radiator.  I
tightened it a bit more and I think it still leaks a bit.  I remember when I
was bleeding the system a small piece of what looked like a rubber washer
seemed to come off in my fingers, so I'm guessing I thrashed the sealing
washer.

Should I jack up the front of the car so antifreeze won't spill out when I
take the screw out and try to find a rubber washer that will fit, or is
there some special, really expensive Pantera part I have to buy...?!  Also,
will jacking up the front of the car prevent the stuff from spraying out
when I remove the bleed screw?

Thanks again,

Chris