[DeTomaso] AAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jun 3 16:05:16 EDT 2007

Yesterday I drove my car home from the shop after new rotors were installed
on the front.  This was really the first time I drove it any length after
the motor rebuild and all the other stuff that has been done to it since I
bought it.

Although it seemed to run great and sounded awesome,I noticed some coolant
overflowed into a parking lot on a stop on my way home, so this morning I
checked the bottle with the pressure release cap and it was only half full
(that's the bottle with the temp sending unit on it).  I jacked the car up a
few inches in the back and refilled the bottle with 50/50 coolant.

Here's the bad part:  I then tried to start the car and...NOTHING!!!  The
gauges all light up and work, the battery is strong, but after just
installing a new starter, new solenoid, alternator, etc. the car is DEAD!!!
No engine turnover or movement at all, no loud, audible noises when I turn
the key (although I think the ammeter moves negative when I do that)--just
an eerie silence.

I guess I'll have AAA tow it into the shop tomorrow unless anyone can give
me any simple tests to try so I can determine what the problem is.  What a
bummer!

Thanks,

Chris