[DeTomaso] LIGHT BULB PART NUMBERS NEEDED

davidabell at att.net davidabell at att.net
Fri Jun 1 18:57:23 EDT 2007

Sorry, we don't have an LED light bulb add on the Space City Panteras site.  I've been meaning to do that but am suffering through another home PC crash and haven't gotten around to it.  Space City Panteras put the LED bulb kits together for Vegas and we have 8 or so of the external bulb kits left.  We've already sold all of the LED instrument light kits, which were separate 6 bulb kits.

The SCP external LED bulb kit contains:

2 amber front turn/running bulbs (1157 replacements)
2 red or amber (depending on lense color) turn rear bulbs (1156 replacements)
2 red rear geemo-golly bright tail/brake bulbs (1157 replacements)
2 amber front side marker bulbs (wedge style)
2 red rear side marker bulbs (wedge style)
1 electronic flasher
1 2-piece plug-and-play wiring pigtale for the turn indicator light in the dash (ground wire and diode pair)
1 detailed instructions

I've had most of these LED bulbs in my Pantera for the last 6 months or so, and located them from various suppliers only after multiple trial and error purchases.  Everyone you talk to will tell you that their LED bulbs are better and brighter than everyone elses.  Practically all of the sellers are either outright lying or have never actually compared the LED output to incandescent bulbs.  All LED bulbs are definitely not created equal.  I have a big, expensive pile of reject LED bulbs to show for it.

The LED bulbs in the kit work great though.  LEDs generate almost zero current load on your 30+ year-old electrical system, create essentially no heat (easy on those 30 year-old lenses), and are as bright or brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs (in the case of the rear tail/brake the LEDs are spectacularly brighter).  The LEDs also should last forever as there is no internal filament to burn out.

I'm very impressed with mine.

If you're interested in one of our remaining external LED bulb kits ($200 each), contact either me (davidabell at att.net) or John Taphorn (jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com.

--

Dave Bell