[DeTomaso] Finding Reverse

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Sun Jul 29 20:40:00 EDT 2007

  Hello Mike,

      Sometimes the culprit is the reverse lamp switch being screwed too far into the shift box housing. Depending on the year of your car, you can loosen the external "thin" jam nut and unscrew the switch a few turns (disconnect the wires first), or just remove the shift housing cover with switch attached to see if it will now go into reverse.
Good luck and let me know how it comes out !!
                                                                     Les