[DeTomaso] If you like the GT5, this looks like a deal (from PIM???)

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 12:44:55 EDT 2007

<<< PIM crams cars into their little 'showroom' door-to-door and bumper-to-bumper, making
  inspection really difficult.? It was like this five years ago when I was doing my searching.?
  Very disappointing.? I wondered just what it would take ($$$$$???) for them to extract a car
  for a drive and inspection.? But knowing a potential buyer was coming from across the
  country to view this car, and still leaving it basically hidden and not viewable sure makes me
  feel something is up with this car. >>>

  I actually had the same experience 4.5 years ago when I was looking for my car. There was
  a car on their website that I was interested in. I called them and discussed it at length (they
  make no representations as to the soundness or rust-free nature of a vehicle) and negotiated
  price. This involved multiple calls over the course of several days between me, PIM, and the
  seller. I faxed PIM an acceptable offer, contingent upon my inspection to be completed by
  COB the following day. I made an appointment to inspect the car at 8:30 the following
  morning, and when I arrived at the agreed upon time the next morning I found the car was
  completely buried in the showroom behind half a dozen other cars. They had done nothing
  to prepare for my visit, and were in no hurry to help me once I arrived. I was told, "there it
  is." Yeah, I was pissed! I insisted they move the other cars to get out the car I wanted to
  inspect and reminded them that we had an "accepted" sales contract, an appointment to
  inspect AND drive the car, that I just drove 7 hours the night before and stayed in a hotel get
  this car, I had a cashiers check in-hand, and that I would not buy a car I had not driven. So,
  the moved the other cars out of the way and I got to drive and inspect the car I came to see,
  which unfortunately, did not live up to my expectations of what it should have been for the
  money involved. So, I had to pass on it.

  I imagine PIM gets a lot of tire kickers who just want free rides so I can understand a
  laissez-faire attitude toward anyone who walks in off the street. But if someone negotiates a
  sales contract and travels across the state or the country to view one of their cars for sale,
  they owe it to them to at least dust off the vehicle and have it out and ready for inspection (IMHO).

  Cheers!
  Garth