[DeTomaso] If you like the GT5, this looks like a deal (from PIM???)

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 00:02:28 EDT 2007

I really love the GT5 cars (It is my dream to have one someday, clone or original). However, this car has a few options that are not to my liking. I do not like the flares molded into the body. I do not like the fins in the rear brake air ducts; nor do I like the "smoothed out" front and rear facias. Also the interior color of my car should be black in IMHO. However, this car does have a lot of features that I do like: roll cage, front hood, remote rear deck release, and chassis bracing.

  That being said, If I were in the market for a car, 33k seems to be a reasonable price. I think this car hasn't sold because it has been modified to fit the taste of the owner who built it (had it built) and those tastes might be different from prospecticve buyers.

  John

fresnofinches at aol.com wrote:
  In my experience, PIM prices are usually at the TOP of Pantera pricing.?
$3000 - $6000 more than if you found the car with its owner, instead of at PIM.
So the pricing on this one makes me wonder....

A searcher in Chicago posted this on the PI forum earlier this July:

<<them
that I was interested and when specifically I would be there to
inspect. But
when I got there it was buried in the middle of their
facility, backed up to a
wall where I couldn't even pop the rear deck
to see the motor. Couldn't get in it.
They didn't push this car at all,
but steered me to several others. I was not
a happy camper taking a 1/2
day out of a vacation to go see a car and then
really not get to
inspect it. What I did see did not impress me for the money,
major
cracks and chips in the paint, misalignment. Sure would have liked to

see the underside and engine bay. So again buyer beware.>>>

PIM crams cars into their little 'showroom' door-to-door and bumper-to-bumper,
making inspection really difficult.? It was like this five years ago when I was doing
my searching.? Very disappointing.? I wondered just what it would take ($$$$$???)
for them to extract a car for a drive and inspection.? But knowing a potential buyer
was coming from across the country to view this car, and still leaving it basically
hidden and not viewable sure makes me feel something is up with this car.

Now the seller may be in dire financial straits, or the wife is getting even during
a divorce battle; the car may be a really good value, just at a fluke price.? But I
don't think PIM would allow a seller to underprice a car like this one seems to be.

With a $33K buy-it-now price on a GT5 clone, perhaps PIM is looking for the
newbie Pantera hunter with more "fever" than shopping wisdom, IMHO.

Larry