[DeTomaso] If you like the GT5, this looks like a deal (from PIM???)

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 22:52:08 EDT 2007

In my experience, PIM prices are usually at the TOP of Pantera pricing.?
$3000 - $6000 more than if you found the car with its owner, instead of at PIM.
So the pricing on this one makes me wonder....

A searcher in Chicago posted this on the PI forum earlier this July:

<<<Well I went to see the car specifically a few months back. Informed
them
that I was interested and when specifically I would be there to
inspect. But
when I got there it was buried in the middle of their
facility, backed up to a
wall where I couldn't even pop the rear deck
to see the motor. Couldn't get in it.
They didn't push this car at all,
but steered me to several others. I was not
a happy camper taking a 1/2
day out of a vacation to go see a car and then
really not get to
inspect it. What I did see did not impress me for the money,
major
cracks and chips in the paint, misalignment. Sure would have liked to

see the underside and engine bay. So again buyer beware.>>>

PIM crams cars into their little 'showroom' door-to-door and bumper-to-bumper,
making inspection really difficult.? It was like this five years ago when I was doing
my searching.? Very disappointing.? I wondered just what it would take ($$$$$???)
for them to extract a car for a drive and inspection.? But knowing a potential buyer
was coming from across the country to view this car, and still leaving it basically
hidden and not viewable sure makes me feel something is up with this car.

Now the seller may be in dire financial straits, or the wife is getting even during
a divorce battle; the car may be a really good value, just at a fluke price.? But I
don't think PIM would allow a seller to underprice a car like this one seems to be.

With a $33K buy-it-now price on a GT5 clone, perhaps PIM is looking for the
newbie Pantera hunter with more "fever" than shopping wisdom, IMHO.

Larry