[DeTomaso] Replacements for stock rotors?/ How about the rears??

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Jul 23 20:40:04 EDT 2007

I mounted the Mustang rotors to the rear of my GT5.

It has a Sierra brake caliper that I needed to have ~1/8" milled off the
ancillary aluminum mounting bracket.  The obvious drawback is that the
rotor's diameter is about 1/4" to narrow and the back of the bad overhangs
that amount.  Because the rotor is thicker, I also had to modify the
caliper's pad rails to eliminate interference.

The upside is a vented rotor in the rear.  I have yet to track test it; yet,
more than adequate for the street.

The rotors are $99 and came with a lifetime warranty at O'Reillys.  Tough to
beat

JT