[DeTomaso] vacuum line schematics

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 02:12:24 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/21/07 3:55:40 PM, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:

> When I purchased my car the vacuum lines for the brakes went from the
> carburetor port, to a "T".  One end of the "T" went to the brakes and the other
> went to the valve cover for cylinders 5-8.  I was wondering what other cars had
> as a routing schematic.  I get some confused looks when mechanics look at
> the set up.  Is this correct or is there a better way to route the lines so
> that the system works correctly.

The 'correct' setup is as follows:

Vacuum port on intake manifold (on the rear on the stock intake, either end
on most aftermarket intakes) is used for brake vacuum.   PCV vacuum goes from
PCV valve on left valve cover, to the port at the base of the (aftermarket)
carburetor.   Crankcase draws air from the base of the air cleaner through the
fitting on the right-side valve cover.

I don't know if it's a 'bad thing' to use a "T" to get vacuum for both the
PCV and the power brakes from a single source.