[DeTomaso] Nut Inserts for Air dam install

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Jul 17 16:37:39 EDT 2007

John,

	The 10-24 or 1/4-20 versions are definitely strong enough to hold an air
dam on.  Certainly better than plain old sheet metal screws through the
valence.  I've used these in many applications and I haven't had a problem
with them spinning after installation.  I've only had a few that wanted to
start spinning while compressing.  They don't spin after proper installation
because the wings fold out in the back to a greater diameter than other
types of blind nuts.  The downside with the wing spread is you can't locate
them close to an inside corner or edge.

The other option is this nifty inexpensive tool that was mentioned on the
forum a while back which will allow you to install RivNUTs.
http://www.rivetnuttool.com

Doug Braun
blue 73 L #5505