[DeTomaso] Michelin Rear Tire

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 14:03:44 EDT 2007

Joel,

  SSCC and MKM groups are collecting tire data on blow-outs. Actually Michelin tires have had an excellent rep for NOT blowing....Could you write me off-line and give me some details in confidence after you talk to your friend again....I don't need to know his name but would like to know;

  Where tire blow out occured? (Track or road)
  How old tires were?
  Condition of tires?
  When was the last time he checked air pressure before blowout?

  thanks for your help....as I am sure you and others can appreciate blowouts occur many times because of hitting debris but also occur because drivers infrequently or never check tire pressure or tire condition. Or as that scene from the "Fastest Indian" pointed out
  "hey mate your tire looks low"
  and response was........."yea the good news is the rest of the tire looks good"

  md

Joel Montero <jmontero at fcmat.org> wrote:
  It seems that Michelin is no longer producing the Pilot Sport tire in
the 335/35ZR17 size. After a blowout, one rear tire on a friend's car
was damaged beyond repair. Does anyone have a suggestion where I might
find one of these? I'm in California.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joel

Joel Montero, CEO

Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team

jmontero at fcmat.org

707.775.2850

Barbara Smith, Administrative Assistant

661.636.4308