[DeTomaso] 86 Pantera GT5s for sale on Craigslist

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 16:34:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/1/07 4:44:02 AM, gt5s at bcpl.net writes:

Fred wrote:

> When inspecting the car, keep in mind that at one time it represented a
> rare variation of a factory car. It was one of a few sold without a rear
> spoiler.
>
>>>I happened to be in the Place de la Concorde in Paris with my girlfriend
on Thursday night, just between the Louvre and the Arc de Triomphe, at about
1:00 a.m. when I heard a familiar rumbling sound, and Stephane Poux, the French
De Tomaso distributor, drove right past in his silver GT5-S, also without
wing.   I didn't realize that wingless GT5-S Panteras were so unusual?

> Please let us know your findings. Unless someone has been very
> busy, I feel the car is outrageously priced considering the one that
> recently sold in Delaware for $60k was about the best example of a GT5-S
> short of Dennis Branca's car. It sold for somewhere around $80k a number
> of years ago.
>
>>>I'm not aware of the asking price of this car--enlighten me?

Thanks!