[DeTomaso] The Forum is *very* quiet

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 13:52:22 EST 2007

Sound like my fuel pump will deliver enough volume, is a regulator a good idea, and if so do you need a return line?

Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:    do you mean intake, fuel pump or just simply if a traditional carb setup can handle your cam and horsepower wishes?

  NASCAR cup cars make gobs of hp and use a carb and have radical cams so I think that should answer the "can they" question, next comes response and "street ability", don't know what you want.

  I know if I had the chance, I'd  add an Electromotive coil ignition (distributor less) system with a crank trigger to my list.

  Michael in Savannah

  On 2/22/07, charles buthala <charlesbuthala at yahoo.com> wrote:   OK I'll make some noise.
I am overhauling my engine and am thinking of upgrading my fuel delivery system. I am putting in an aggressive cam 0.612 lift and have a 750 CFM Proform carb.  Will the stock system keep up or is an upgrade necessary?

cengles at cox.net wrote:

test only

--
Michael L. Shortt