[DeTomaso] Now, front brake pads Re: Hard brake lines

tom baranek tbaranek at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 25 14:47:33 EST 2007

I'm re-doing my disk pads (Porterfield) and adding new SS flex brake lines. I noticed that the front driver's side brake pads have a wire going to them that looks like a wear indicator.

Is this electrical and does it light the little red light between my speedo and tach? (1973L model) When it "grounds" to the disk?

If so, can I just cut it (as long as I tape it so it does not ground) because the Porterfields do not seem to have any way to connect this.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Tom