[DeTomaso] Electrical nightmare scenario...

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 21 18:49:35 EST 2007

Not only the bug. VW Rabbits had the same problems....and older Mercedes too. Quite often the culprit was leaves getting into the vent at the base of the windshield and plugging up the drain tubes. The water and moisture would rust through and water would drain behind the dash to all the electrical. Ask me how I know!

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 12/21/07 15 15 39, ERPIKE at cs.com writes:

> For what it is worth, I seem to remember that those older vw's were a
> little
> susceptible to fuse block issues. Water would leak thru the windshield and
> right onto the fuse block eventually causing problems. My memory isn't as
> good as it should be so I would file that away in case you continue to
> experience electrical gremlins... (kind of like a Pantera!!!)

Thanks!

This car had water leaks in the rear but I resolved them earlier this fall;
the windshield is nice and tight since I had it changed/sealed several years
ago....

Mike

See AOL's top rated recipes