[DeTomaso] Hot air

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Tue Dec 18 12:19:37 EST 2007

Chris,
The squealing is not caused by the temperature but is the result of a high charge rate at the alternator replacing the power used to start the engine. You just need to tighten the alternator belt a bit. I have the same problem because I drive the alternator off the AC compressor so that both units load the belt that drives the compressor. I have been able to tighten the belt enough to stop this from happening.
Forest

From: Christopher Kimball <chrisvkimball at msn.com>