[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:41:30 EST 2007

A new one is 69 bucks (Stock) with Steve Wilkinson.  I dont think you can beat that plus yours is likely pitted and some experts have told me it is not worth the time and effort or unsafe to rebuild without at least honing the bore etc.

If you get the stock one from Steve and save the pushrod/washer/snap ring intact you just put the master over this and reuse only the rod/washer/snap ring and your done.

I am biased towards using Steve now as so far everything he has sold me fits.  I though a polished or CNC  unit would look nice but I am sure it would require a lot of work to fit in as Bill suggested.  Almost half of everything I have bought from other vendors NEVER fits and one vendor owes me 600 Bucks in refunds for over two months and I am getting the run-around about my money. All vendors have been nice and helpful but down time awaiting correct parts and paying for shipping twice is not fun.  Not to mention sometimes having to deal with re-stocking fees.

Just my opinion though.

Clay> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:55:23 -0800> From: edlebby at yahoo.com> To: detomaso at realbig.com; scpoca at yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder> > When Mr. DeRyke and Mr. SoBill both say vicegrips...I say yes sir!> > As a follow on...I have had mixed advice offline as to what to do with the MC...repair or replace [assume, for purposes of discussion, that the MC is repairable with a gasket, seals, etc., repair kit] - thoughts of the broader forum? - thanks, stephen!> > > ----- Original Message ----> From: "JDeRyke at aol.com" <JDeRyke at aol.com>> To: edlebby at yahoo.com; claywillmott at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com; scpoca at yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 1:26:17 AM> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder> > In a message dated 12/3/07 4:28:18 PM, edlebby at yahoo.com writes:> > > thanks all for the helpful advice...i'll be shouting out again as soon as something goes wrong...!> > > Incidently, I never have help on these projects, so when I need hands in the front trunk and under the dash to hold a bolt, I depend on a pair of Vice-grip pliers clamped on one end. Removing the nut(s) from the other end then becomes trivial. good luck- J DeRyke> > > **************************************> Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.> (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso