[DeTomaso] Fw: exhaust ports on aftermarket heads

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:25:59 EST 2007

> Are the 3V heads then something like the old hi-port heads?

CHI says the 3V exhaust bolt holes are raised 0.4 inch.  The high ports
were raised considerably higher than that.  Phil (in London) has a set
of CHI's coming my way.  I'll measure them and will take pictures comparing
the port locations of the CHI, Pro Comp, A3, C302B, iron high ported 4V,
along with iron 2V and 4V.

> CHI 4V heads have standard height intake and exhaust ports, designed for
> people that don't want to have the hassle of changing intake and headers.

The 2V, 3V, and 4V versions of the CHI head all have the same exhaust
port.  They vary only on the intake port side.  CHI refers to it as
a "uni" port that will seal against 2V or 4V headers.

Dan Jones