[DeTomaso] Doc Abe Race Finishes Pony Express & Gamblers Run ORR's in 2 Fords!

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 11:19:38 EDT 2007

Joe "Doc" Abe, our offical Team Pantera Racing EMT, Veterinarian and dentist called me today to tell me to stop picking on the waxers and slackers, give me his take on the Pony accident and ask about my high blood pressure. ;-]>

  Doc mentioned that the course was dryand there had been no rain the morning of the race or the night before but when racers started on the first 70 mile leg  a hard rain squall hit the valley...at that point Don and Greg in their cup car were already well on their way.

  Doc also finished the 2-way Gamblers Run out of Elko Nevada with less then half a second off his goal 'average' speed of 110 Mph running his Ford GT. Doc's all most new GT will push 200 Mph but as he likes to say not with him in it...you reading this Kirby & MikeT?!  ;-]>

  Doc ran the Pony Express out of Battle Mountain last weekend in his PANTERA and averaged 117 MPH but Tech giged him on his harness being more then 3 years old so he wasn't allowed to run his planned 140.

  Joe strongly suggested if you are planning to go to Silver State in two weeks and are planning to go faster then 125 MPH make sure your dated harness is not more then 3 years old. Same 3-year rule applies to tires if you want to run in the higher speed divisions.
  Good Times

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com