[DeTomaso] Extra Fuel Tank?

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:16:59 EDT 2007

The SPF's have the two tanks, but no bladders. Normal tanks with fuel
sloshing up and down when braking and accelerating.
Both tanks hold about 10 gallons for a total of 20.

Fuel gauge is in the right tank.

They have a crossover hose which will balance the tanks that runs
across the car in front of the engine, but you still need to fill
each tank individually. You'll be standing at the pump for hours
waiting to fill both from one side.
Ask me how I know....

There's no tank switch unless you install one.

I now have an EFI setup which pulls from the left tank through a
filter with a low pressure pump into a swirl tank.
The HP pump pulls from the swirl tank and goes to the EFI via a filter.

Both the overflow from the swirl tank and the EFI return to the left
tank.

Yes, a fuel cell is certainly possible on both sides with a definite
reduction in overall capacity.

FWIW,

Kirby