[DeTomaso] How do you know if the axles are aftermarket

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 15:05:01 EDT 2007

Rich,

  Wot a great find.  You never told me before  it had serious race history or all the spares. Forget the other Pantera's...this is the ONE to race.

  Again Congrat's....very envious!

  md

hoppe1 <hoppe1 at cox.net> wrote:
  My tech question is- if the rear axles have holes in the center can they still be aftermarket strong axles?

Now for the rest of the story

I should go to some kind of therapy for doing this but I bought another pantera.

I again have 3 cars. One driver, one on a rotisery, and the third one I bought yesterday is a racer.

It was the Round Table Pizza car if you know it. I bought it from the original owner. A real nice guy.

It hasn't raced in a while so it needs TLC.

I think it is cool. No key, throw a few toggle switches and press a starter button. Full cage. 351C dry sump. 180 degree headers. Gas fill flappers on the roof. It has aluminum doors, hood, trunk, and engine lid. I think it has a different gear ratio for high speeds. I thought I know cars but there are some performance things on this car that I don't know what they are for.

It seems to run good but with straight 5 or 6 inch exhaust and no plates I haven't really tested it our yet.

Now I am really a slacker unless I get it to events.

Rich