[DeTomaso] seat belt questions

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Apr 23 10:56:39 EDT 2007

I just finished putting in the new carpet Gary Herrig made for me and my car
is starting to look like a car again!

One problem:  After I put the carpet in and went to reinstall the seat
belts, I realized there is a wire that goes to the seat belt assemblies
which mount to the floor (I believe it's for the warning buzzer) which I
forgot to label.  There is a wire for each side (passenger and driver) and
at the back of the console where the wires come from, there are also two
more wires terminating in female bullet connectors.

The wires going to the seat belt assembies are above the floor pan, but the
seat belt assemblies are recessed down into the floor and have their own
wire which is supposed to connect to the wire which is above the floor pan.
How do I get the above-pan wire connected to the one attached to the seat
belt assembly which is below the floor pan level?  And then where do the two
female connectors attach?

Better yet, if I just roll all the wire up,  hide it in the console and
pretend I never saw it, will there be any adverse affects?  (I always wear
my seatbelt so I don't need the buzzer).

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sincerely,

Chris