[DeTomaso] Nor-Cal Vegas Convoy route

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 02:48:43 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/22/07 23 43 21, Fastgrandma writes:

> Is PCNC really going the northern route, I'm assuming 88?  Currently there
> are chain restrictions and one area closed; very frankly I'd only be taking
> my 4WD at this point.  It may be scenic but not necessarily sports car
> worthy!  Glad we're heading south!
>
> See you in Vegas!
>

>>>That's true now, but the weather forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday is for
temps in the 70s.   It might be a bit grotty at the top but hopefully the
roads will be fully cleared, and the route is absolutely BEAUTIFUL after a storm.
 The first time we drove it (years ago), it was just two cars--I with George
Gordon-Smith, and the Fertittas (i.e. your daughter and son-in-law).
Everybody else chickened out because it had snowed a few days earlier.   The road was
SPECTACULAR, beautiful and clear.   We had a terrific time!   Everybody else
just droned down the freeway--BAH!

We normally take 88, to 89, but that seems unlikely this year, and we will
probably take 88 all the way to Minden.

Why don't you guys come up the back side of the hill and meet us at the
Smith's for brunch!?