[DeTomaso] Axle Nut Torque

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Apr 10 20:59:34 EDT 2007

Interesting.  Hadn't actually considered this option when I wrote my post.
My set up currently has a spacer between the inner races, so the nut torque
only clamps the inner races; does not pull the tapered bearings into their
outer cones.  This is an intriguing alternate approach I will consider very
seriously, as I like many aspects of it.

A remaining question for me:  What was the purpose of the 450 ft-lbs in the
original bearing set up?