[DeTomaso] Front Oil Cooler

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Apr 7 19:28:04 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/07/07 8:08:31 AM, ddbt10 at msn.com writes:

<< Has anyone located an oil cooler in the front of their Pantera?  >>

A factory-option on the GT-5 and GT5-S was a rather small air-to-oil cooler
set a few inches behind the radiator. There were no ducts either in or out, the
hard lines running front-to-back next to the big water pipes are 0.340" ID
(way-too-small) and it may have had a bypass-type hookup which runs the cooler
in parallel to the main oiling system. I believe they used a stock output oil
pump. My best guess is the thing is worthless.
Remember, Panteras do not need oil coolers on the street. But if you must, I
suggest a water-to-oil cooler made by Laminova or Fluidyne. D Quella, Larry
Stock. MD Antenucci, J Taphorn and most of the higher-speed ORR group have found
them simpler to mount, easier to plumb and actually works. The units all pull
about 20 degrees off the max oil temp while only raising the engine water
temp by maybe 5 degrees.  MIne is the Ford police car unit made by Laminova, and
on our mostly-street car, oil temp creep was completely eliminated. Different
than some, I included an oil thermostat so our cooler is not in the system
unless the oil gets above 180 degrees. Good luck- J Deryke
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>