[DeTomaso] Front Oil Cooler

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Apr 7 23:47:46 EDT 2007

Jack

Perhaps you should consider eliminating the thermostat.  While a case could
be made for the thermostat on an air/oil cooler, it strikes me as counter
productive on a water/oil cooler.  My reasoning is that since the coolant
heats faster than the oil, the oil cooler is actually an oil heater until
the oil absorbs more heat energy from the engine than the coolant.
Therefore, a benefit of the water/oil cooler is it gets your oil to
operating temps faster.  A thermostat would not only eliminate this benefit
and it adds a failure point.

JT