[DeTomaso] Coyote Engine in a Pantera Questions

Edward Mendez edducati at mac.com
Tue May 14 00:38:54 EDT 2024

Mustang GT manual trans based Coyote 5.0 or 5.2 in the Pantera

Engine mounts: What modifications need to be made?

Clutch and flywheel: Can you use the stock flywheel and clutch assembly from the Coyote? How about the throwout bearing mechanism in the ZF?

ZF to engine adapter: What adapter plate is available, or custom made? How thick?

Trans mounts: stock or modified?

Harness and PCM: Ford or Holley standalone system?

Throttle pedal: since it is fly by wire; I believe,  how can this be adapted to Pantera?

AC: I'm assuming the evaporation, condenser, dryer will work with the compressor on the Coyote just upgrade to R134a?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Ed