[DeTomaso] Brake booster

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 30 17:41:22 EDT 2024

Hi All,
The vacuum brake booster on this Pantera appears to be shot.  I have removed it from the car and attached a vacuum pump capable of pulling 24 inches.  Once attached to the pump, the booster shows about 1 or 2 inches all through the travel.  The input shaft is just as difficult to push with and without vacuum applied.

The booster is “clean” without any markings whatsoever.  It looks like an original to me but I don’t have another here to compare.