[DeTomaso] Suggested best polish for newish rims

Scott Mead scott at scottmeadphotography.com
Tue Jun 25 15:22:45 EDT 2024

Hi Terry,

Here’s the routine I do for polishing my Marino Perna Campi clones…

First off, get yourself a PowerCone 360 and PowerBall Mini from Mothers, as well as a tub of their Ultimate Mag and Aluminum Polish. After thoroughly cleaning and drying the wheels, use a liberal amount of the polish with your drill set on the high speed setting. The foam cone works great getting into the crevices while the mini ball is perfect for the flats and large wheel “windows.” Before the polish starts to dry, wipe/polish with microfiber towels. Once the wheel is gleaming, I then put on a coat of Nu Finish (yep, the once a year paint polish), which enhances the shine and also keeps the wheels looking like new for months.

Like you mentioned, caring for the wheels is a PITA, but the results are well worth it!

Best,

Scott