[DeTomaso] Dog bone air cleaner and valve cover venting

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Jun 11 13:19:07 EDT 2024

   Right, Doc Engles sent me similar data.  Ok, so I seem to recall that
   from years ago and is probably why I wasn't so worried about it.

   The breathers however are another story.  They appear to be more bling
   than practical.  Consensus so far is that only one should be going to
   the air cleaner, and routing may be a problem.

   The breather holes in these valve covers use straight circular
   grommets.  Push-in style, not twist lock.

   On Mad Dog's Pantera, which by the way is his again, we ran simple
   breathers to atmosphere on each valve cover.  I think this engine would
   benefit from at least one if not both not going into the air cleaner.

   Asa Jay

   Sent via radio waves