[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Sunday, April 21, 2024

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 28 15:40:32 EDT 2024

   All,

   I forgot to report on these last week.

   A stunning/pathetic 1972 Pre-L with just over 1500 original miles sold
   for a suitably strong price. To me this represents a total waste of a
   fine automobile, which will likely continue to be wasted unless the new
   owner is just determined to own and drive an original car and doesn't
   care that he will depreciate it every time he turns the key:

   276913_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
   [1]1972 DE TOMASO PANTERA - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's
   Greatest Collector Car Auctions
   [2]barrett-jackson.com
   Also selling for a complete knockout price was this rather ordinary
   GT5:

   276648_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
   [3]1985 DE TOMASO PANTERA GT5 - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company -
   World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions
   [4]barrett-jackson.com
   The selling price was well into and even past GT5-S territory, and
   likely represents a new high-water mark for cars of this type. $220k
   including buyer's premium is easily $75-100k more than I would have
   expected, given other recent sales of nominally similar cars. They guy
   who bought an oddly painted example not long ago for something like
   $50k (I can't remember exactly) is looking especially wise right about
   now!

   Mike
   Sent from my iPad
   Begin forwarded message: