[DeTomaso] Ignition switch

Thomas Törnblom tipo874 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:45:58 EDT 2024

I recently had an issue with a Toyota ignition lock that a previous owner appeared to have used some oily lubricant in and it was very hard to insert the key and turn it.
I used a spray can of PTFE (teflon), which is similar to powdered graphite with some solvent. I sprayed, inserted the key, pulled it out, wiped the black goo from the key and repeated until the key came out clean. The lock worked very well after this.
I’ve used this spray in the Pantera ignition lock years ago and it works very well.
I guess this Houdini spray is similar.
If the key is stuck in the lock, then that is a problem of course.