[DeTomaso] Fwd: Hammer Price Portfolio Report - Sunday, May 28, 2023

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Mon May 29 12:46:46 EDT 2023

Steve,

Well, this car was definitely an exception. It was a fantastic car, but done up in a manner that would be pretty over-the-top for a street car, thus reducing its appeal to many.

Good, solid, conventional street Panteras sell for about as much there as they do here.

In fact, it would not be unrealistic to get a good deal on a Pantera here, ship it there and drive it around for awhile, then sell it there, and come pretty close to breaking even, if not making a small profit.

I have a friend there who imports as many as a dozen Panteras a year from the US, all bought sight unseen from Craigslist, EBay etc, or by word of mouth. By the time he’s done fixing them up and selling them, he sometimes makes a small profit, other times a loss. It’s a fun hobby for him.

Mike

Sent from my iPad