[DeTomaso] Doorhandle problem

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun May 14 18:51:44 EDT 2023

Mike,

I strongly suspect his plastic bucket is at least displaying stress cracking. Almost every used bucket I have in my stash has cracks, sometimes not obvious without close inspection.

The PIM plastic bucket comes with a proprietary?? replacement pivot pin, which is by far the easiest solution I have ever seen. Some months ago I contacted P.I.M. to see if that pivot pin, and the C-clips, could be purchased separately; didn’t really receive an answer.

And yes, the OEM doorhandle pulls are side specific, being marked with a D for Destro/right and an S for Sinestro/left.

However, I recently re-keyed a pair of new/reproduction door handle assemblies purchased from Steve and they use a re-designed pull that has two arms, and is thus usable on either side.

Larry