[DeTomaso] Door handle problem

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun May 14 13:19:32 EDT 2023

Well, I disassembled my door and I found the problem with the handle. It appears that the little piece on the metal handle part Which pushes against the release inside the door to open it is snapped off because I found that piece at the bottom of the door. I suspect what happened was someone at the place where I took it to get the clear bra put on forced the handle to try to open the door when it was locked and broke it. Getting them to admit it will be another story! At this point I can't figure out how to get the handle assembly out of the door, so I can somehow disassemble it and buy a new part. It appears the moving part is riveted in to the door assembly which means I don't know how I will get it out to replace it without drilling it out. Any tips would be helpful!  Also, any ideas where I can get a new assembly from my passenger door?  Thank you. Sincerely, Chris

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone