[DeTomaso] Help!-Car stumbles, power loss---occasionally!

Panteratime panteratime at aol.com
Fri May 12 07:38:41 EDT 2023

Folks,First-Thanks for all the quick and helpful feedback on my issue.
Since most information centers around "Fuel" and not timing , I'm going to replace my fancy Edelbrock Billet aluminum filter with another same filter unless you recommend another filter.  My filter is very hard to get to behind the carb so I'd like to do it once.  (I may have to cut the fuel line to get it off the fittings)!
I also understand the recommendation to remove the fuel gauge sender mechanism and replace with a 73 unit.  Removing the side window is required?   Best place to get the 73 unit?
Also-Sounds like there is a "sock" in bottom of tank that clogs up, I do have concerns with "Ripping" it out with a fish hook!   (ok--I added the funny part about a fish hook!)  How do you fish the remains out if its in pieces from trying to rip it out?  Sounds like these fragments will clog the new filter right up if u miss a piece!
Thanks again for all you support!