[DeTomaso] Tire Sizes

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Sat Mar 11 10:23:43 EST 2023

 I put the Michelin XWX 185/215-70  tires on my car with 7/8 wheels.  That was the European tire size fitted.  When I was on Charlie's Le Mans Tour I saw a Pantera so equipped and fell in love with the look.

I have heard one say that it makes the car look like it is on stilts.  To MY eye it looks PERFECT.  The look of the XWX is what I especially like.  It's your car, so make it look good to yourself!  We are not racing, so I am not interested in wide tires.  I removed the wide wheels &  tires and the ride quality improved.
IMHO - A car does not look good without a lot of sidewall showing.  I also don't like skinny women!Fred
.

.